Thursday, August 6, 2009

Close Up Commentary

Even though the last page of Sect 1.7 was a tad rushed, this was my favorite panel of the bunch. I usually try to end a section on a Joke or a Cliff hanger, but I think this was the first one that really had neither. Just a nice a little shot of the group sitting at a bar table. I really liked that they are laughing, but it's silent and you don't know anything about what they're laughing about. I considered putting the tail end of a joke here, but thought it worked a lot better this way. Another thing I really like about this panel, is how even though Tess complains about hanging out with the guys, you can see a faint smile on her face here. Just kind of hinting that she doesn't hate them as much as she'd like you to believe.

Not to ruin or spoil anything, but this panel, and basically the whole last page of 1.7 was a set-up for a lot of story to come. Especially in Chapter 2 and 3. This panel is from Greg's view and he's starting to see Tess differently, and that's going to come into play a lot in Chapter 2.

As far as Northpark news goes. I'm having a bit a trouble writing sect 1.8, I'm usually way ahead of the game, and have the next section already written by the time I've finished drawing the previous section, but that wasn't the case this time. Hopefully I can work out all the Kinks by this weekend so I can start drawing.

And I know I still haven't fixed that one page yet. Hopefully this weekend.

No comments: