Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Close-Ups 2.2

The close ups for sect 2.2. Got some interesting ones here. I love the bear playing drums and every time I can fit chip into a panel is a good time. As promised here are all the references.

References (in order of appearance):

-The big poster on the wall in Greg’s house is supposed to be the Darjeeling Litmited poster. I have a full size one in my room.


-The band playing is called Mammal Amalgamation. I thought the band that Tad played in should be something like Animal Collective, but way crazier, so that’s where I got the name from.


-Greg’s sweatshirt sports a tiny logo of a GJ symbol. Which is the symbol for the band Glassjaw, which was my favorite band growing up. I always felt an affinity to the logo since it had the G in it.


-The bouncer’s name is Kris. This is a very insider reference to the fact that a lot of my other friends thought I based the Bouncer off my friend Chris. Even though it wasn’t originally on purpose, I decided to keep the joke going.


-The manager’s look is based off the electro DJ Steve Aoki. I did change his hair and made him French though.


-The lyrics in the song that the lead singer is singing is a very vague reference to the Beatles song I Am the Walrus.


-The sound guy who gets yelled at is based off my bud Devin who had a very similar experience happen to him.


I think that’s all of them. Also do me a favor and go and vote for Phantom Sword over at Zuda.com. I still check it out every month, and am almost always disappointed because the story I want to win almost never does. This month this one at least has a chance, so do it. Thanks in advance.

No comments: