Thursday, December 13, 2007

Monster Progess



This is a look at my page process. Here's a step by step process on this page.

Step 1: Rough Sketch. Most of the time I skip this step, but this was a particularilly difficult page, so I had to sketch it first.
Step 2: Next is the pencils. Usually at this step I draw out the panels, but this page ended up not having panels.
Step 3: Inks. This is where I really flesh out how the page is gonna look.
Step 4: Digital retouches. Sometimes I don't need to do much for this step. Sometimes I change the whole page. This page had a lot of changes. I pretty much had to move around every element on the page, and I added the circle and the arrow.
Step 5: Colors & Halftones. I'm not great at coloring so I make up for it by doing all those cool halftones patterns. For Sam every color has some sort of Halftone pattern.
Step 6: Type. I feel like is a big part of Sam. This page doesn't have any really exciting type, but I think this type worked well with this page. I really thought about type placement when I layed this page out. I think the type really fleshed out the page.

No comments: