Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sam Sans Band

So this image is going to take quite a bit of explaining. Basically Sam has had the same look all his life. The all white t-shirt and pants and the red head band and belt, but after the end of early years, and through the beginning of Chapter 1 he was a radically different look (for reasons I can't explain right now, but after the last page of early years you'll know, at least if you understand what happened). This is that look.

Notice the lack of head band, and the regular t-shirt. Every time I've drawn Sam it's been with that head band, so creating a version of Sam without it was rough. I did tons of different sketches of this version of Sam and I think this is version I'm going to use. A lot of the versions I did were decent, but just didn't look enough like Sam. I think you can definitely tell this is Sam, just sans head band.

No comments: