Thursday, July 10, 2008

Early Years: Age 17

Ah. So we've come to the end. So this is the that pivotal last page. It's kind of a little bit of Clif-hanger. There is going to be a lot of mystery surrounding the death of Sam's parents. Originally the last page was very different. I was wondering to myself why I decided to have his parents die (since I just did this in Tales of Sub-Riviera), but after I thought about all great super heroes lose their parents when they are young. Super-Man, Batman, and Spider-man had to lose his parents and uncle Ben. It's a great starting point, and I'm going to really use this device. Most of the first series will be searching for Sam trying to figure out what happened to his parents. I've probably said too much already, so I'm going to cut myself off.

Art wise this is my favorite page. There isn't anything I don't like about it. The crosses on the coffins turned out really cool I thought. I also really liked how the expression on Sam's face came out. My only problem was that he is supposed to be crying, but it's kind of hard to tell.

Well I hope you enjoyed this little mini-series. I should be back tomorrow with another post, and I'm just about done with my internship so I'll be getting back into working on my comics very soon.

No comments: