Monday, August 20, 2007

Tales From Sub-Riviera



Tales From Sub-Riviera
This is the first issue of the water closet. Tales From Sub-Riviera. I had a couple inspiration for this issue.

-The first is Jasen Lex. He was the person that first inspired me to do comics. I love his stuff. Especially the Science Fair.

-The Second is Robert Kirkman. He does an all vector comic called the Nightly News. Even though I'd been a fan of Lex's for years, I didn't decide to do a comic like that until I saw the Nightly News. He's got a bunch of projects coming up in the future that i really look forward too.

-My story inspiration came from movies like Requiem for a Dream, Waking Life and Trainspotting. I just wanted to do some crazy drug trip type adventure.

The story is also based around my experiences of living in San Diego. All The photography was taken in San Diego. A lot at, and around my apartment. I also did a flash version of it for a web design class. I think it really enhances the story. Plus it's just kind of cool to look at. Also enjoy the new drawing.

1 comment:

Lion Roarer said...

minusthebear t-shirt rip off