Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NWU printing press 3

Here is your daily print update. Got one issue in the bag. And I'm working on the second one. I ended up doing a whole nother round of revisions on the comic. I tweeked another 10 pages or so. As for my palns for the rest of the week. I'm probably gonna take a break after tomorrow, and do the rest on saturday and sunday. And as promised yesterday here is the process for the cover.Here is the original sketch. I drew two or three designs, and fooled around with a bunch of other artwork before I came to this design. I actually flipped through some art books and web stuff till I remembered the cover that fabio moon did for the Myspace Dark Horse presents (link). And decided I wanted to do something like that. I remember reading this thing Dan Hipp wrote about doing covers where he said that the less colors you use the more it stands out, and that's always stuck with me, and decided I just wanted to do a two color type thing, which is when I came up with this sort of cascading idea, which I think turned out pretty well.
I wanted to include the just inked page because there is actually a ton of little details in the piece that kind of gets drowned in the colored back ground. Take a close look to see if you can find all the little references to the first chapter.

No comments: